Saturday, May 8, 2010

Will he ever get here?

Well, where do I start...

Pregnancy, was awful! I was sick everyday for most of the first and second trimester. I finally started to feel better around week 23. It was so nice to finally eat real food again, I was sooo over the saltines and jello! However, it only lasted for a few weeks. It was about 12:30 a.m. when the first attack started. I woke up in the night to a sharp pain in my right side. Then the nausea started. I was doubled over in pain on the the bathroom floor. I was pretty sure it was one of two things, either my appendix or gallbladder. After several hours I finally started to feel some relief. After speaking with my doctor and some tests it was confirmed that I had gall stones. At the time I was hoping this was just a one time episode; but it was just the start of many long sleepless nights.

By the time I reached 40 weeks, I had gained no pregnancy weight and was having attacks on a regular basis. The doctors just kept telling me to try to hold out until the baby arrived. Finally, 3 days past my due date my doctor induced me. My husband and I were so excited that he was finally on his way!

No comments:

Post a Comment