Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sickness

This week has been a little challenging. Kellen has his first cold. I know he doesn't feel well, but he's been such a trooper. He hasn't cried much and still smiles all the time. I've had a bit of a cold myself, and my husband says Kellen is handling it much better than I am! Since he's still so young, the doctors don't really want to give him anything unless absolutely necessary. So we've just been trying to keep him comfortable and use the aspirator to suction his nose as much as possible. He was so congested the other evening, that he couldn't even suck his pacifier and had a lot of trouble eating. We found running the humidifier and keeping him elevated has helped. He seems a little better today and hopefully is on the road to recovery.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo sad. :( It's so hard when the little ones are sick (and also when you are sick while trying to care for them too!). I still remember David's first time getting a cold...I was sooo worried about him. I hope that you both feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete