Sunday, May 5, 2013

DIY Baseball Pics

I've been trying to find inexpensive ways to decorate Kellen's room. We're doing everything in a baseball or sports theme.  I had been looking for some pics, but they were all $25 or more a piece and just didn't want to spend that much. So I decided to make my own. For about $12, I made four baseball silhouette pictures.  They look really nice.  Can't wait to post pics of his room once we get everything hung up. I still have a few more DIY projects to finish first. 
 I found four baseball images or silhouettes online that I wanted to use.  I sized and printed the images on card stock paper.  Then cut each image out.  I painted four 8 x 10 canvases, a color of my choosing (tan).  Took three coats of paint to cover. Then coated each canvas with Mod Podge glue. Placed the cut outs on the glued surface. Finally I painted a coat of glue over the entire canvas to seal.  Now we just have to hang them up.  Only took about an hour from start to finish plus drying time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment