Monday, October 3, 2011

Bye-Bye Binky

I am proud to say that we have gotten rid of the pacifier!  I had been dreading taking it away for the past several months, but knew it had to be done.  I had cut the pacifier usuage back a while ago, only allowing him to have it in the crib.  We actually made a game out of it!  When I would take Kellen out of his crib I would say, "throw it away", and he would take the binky out of his mouth and throw it in the crib.  He's always loved throwing things, so he would just crack up.  So taking it away all together was a little bit easier.  We just decided to go cold turkey.  I hid all the binky's and haven't spoken of them since.  Its been about ten days since he last had it, and seems to be fine.  The first few days he had some trouble napping, but we didn't have any problems at night.  Now he's back to sleeping about three hours during the afternoon and eleven to twelve hours at night.  I'm so glad we took it away now, before he got any older and it made it much harder! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay Kellen! I know you were worried about it, but it sounds like it went great.

    ReplyDelete